Pages

24.2.12

Guess who's coming to Delhi?

Me. Arriving day after tomorrow. I never even wanted to go to Delhi. Until I read City of Djinns, that is. It is definitely one of my favourite books and chronicles the year that William Dalrymple spent in the city. Travel writing, history and humour. This book has it all. And you'll find out what a Djinn is.

(Intersection in Old Delhi, by Richard l'Anson via Lonely Planet)

What's on my to do list whilst in town?
  • Red Fort
  • Humayun's Tomb
  • Qutb Minar
  • Purana Qila
  • Firoz Shah Kotla
  • And, if I have time, any markets I find along the way
A trip to the Taj Mahal is also on the cards, and a drive up to Dharmsala and Dalhousie, if I can swing it. I hear the Himalayas look spectacular this time year, so hopefully I will be able to report back with a first hand account.

So, I'm signing out for next 2 and half weeks, and you can expect plenty of photos once I'm back in the world of wifi.

No comments:

Post a Comment