Pages

20.1.12

You're Sending Me Where?

Until recently, I never really wanted to travel much. Being away from home and my comfort zone was just not for me. But, that changed. In 2010, the company I worked for gave me the wonderful opportunity to travel to Africa. Although I travelled regularly during my school days (family trips to visit relatives), I forgot how wonderful it was to see the world.

As a child, I had dreamed of Africa. Of safaris, explorers and the mysteries that lay hidden in the deserts and mountain ranges. Africa was at the top of my travel wish list. So, when I was told I would be going to South Africa, the list resurfaced, and, needless to say, it was an amazing journey.

After that, I decided that I wanted to go everywhere and see everything.

I don't travel as much as I would like to, but, I'm not going to let that stop me from starting this collection of the places I want to see. A collection of journeys (the few I've taken and the many yet to come), people, photography and a few other things thrown in.


Ortelius's map of the world, dated circa 1601
(image: SMH)


No comments:

Post a Comment